CTRL Care is a leading Princeton center for mental health and behavioral illnesses with the best IOP and outpatient services. We also offer highly effective telehealth and individual counseling services at affordable prices in a world-class treatment center.
Common Signs Of Mental Illness
Each psychiatric disorder has its symptoms. Common signs of mental illnesses include:
- Overeating or not eating enough
- Insomnia or sleeping too much
- Distancing yourself from others
- Feeling fatigued, numb, hopeless, helpless, or lost
- Experiencing unexplainable body pains or achiness
Immediate psychiatric help is necessary if you experience several of these symptoms.
What Is The Treatment For Mental Health Disorders?
There’s no one-size-fits-all treatment for mental health issues. Mental health treatments aim to reduce symptoms, address the underlying causes and manage the psychiatric illness. Our therapists work with patients together and find a plan. We use a multi-angle approach and a combination of treatments to help patients garner better results in recovery. Here are the most widespread mental health treatments:
- Medications – The main medications we use to treat mental health disorders include antidepressants, antipsychotics, and mood-stabilizing drugs. Our doctors prescribe medications based on your symptoms and other health issues you face.
- Psychotherapy – Psychotherapies allow you to discuss your experiences, feelings, thoughts, and ideas with your mental health practitioner. Our therapists act as neutral mediators and help patients learn essential coping techniques and strategies to manage symptoms.
- Hospital and residential treatment – Patients suffering from severe mental illnesses may require brief periods of intensive treatment at a hospital or residential treatment facility. These programs allow you to stay in residential rehab for several weeks and receive in-depth treatment.
Practicing a healthy lifestyle and adopting specific home remedies can help you eliminate mental health issues in the long term. We recommend our clients avoid alcohol and drugs and follow a well-balanced diet for comprehensive recovery from their behavioral and mental health issues.
Common Mental Illnesses
The DSM-5 acts as a guide for mental health professionals to diagnose mental illnesses. Some of the mental health disorders affecting people in the United States include:
- Bipolar Disorder – BPD is a chronic mental illness affecting over 2.6 percent of Americans every year. Patients with Bipolar disorder suffer from episodes of manic highs or depressive lows. It interferes with a person’s energy level and ability to think clearly.
- Persistent depressive disorder – Persistent depressive disorder is a type of depression that interferes with daily life. People with this disorder experience depression symptoms for at least two years.
- Generalized anxiety disorder – Generalized anxiety disorder goes beyond regular anxiety. It can cause an individual to become extremely worried about several things while there is little or no reason to worry.
Other psychiatric disorders we treat at our Princeton center for mental health include major depressive disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, and schizophrenia.
Contact CTRL Care at (609) 237-0088 to verify your insurance with our Princeton center for mental health. We have a successful track record in treating different psychiatric and behavioral health ailments. Our clinicians work with clients on a 1-on-1 basis and offer personalized care and support to those suffering from mental illnesses, guiding them towards a better quality of life.